Are you a newly married couple about to purchase your first home? Are you a small family that is about to move in to your new home? If you answered yes to these questions, you are about to embark on a new and exciting adventure. There are many things you need to do in order to get your new home ready for move-in day, but one of the most important things is to make sure you have all the essentials.
Here is a list of 10 items you need to buy first in your new home:
- Mattress – A comfortable mattress is key to getting a good night’s sleep in your new home. Make sure to invest in a good one that will last. If you’re a newly married couple, a good mattress is even more important as you’ll want to make sure you’re getting enough rest to keep up with your new responsibilities. There are mattress sale in Salt Lake City, so you can check it out for affordable options.
- Kitchen supplies – You’ll need dishes, pots, pans, and silverware. If you’re starting from scratch, consider investing in a good knife set. You will definitely need some basic cooking supplies as well, like olive oil, spices, and flour.
- Bathroom supplies – Towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies are essential for any bathroom. You will surely need all the towels you can get your hands on, as well as toilet paper, shampoo, soap, and a toilet brush.
- Bedding – Sheets, blankets, and pillows are a must for any bedroom. These will also make your bedroom conducive for a good night’s sleep.
- Furniture – Whether you’re buying new or used, you’ll need furniture for your new home. Unless you want to sit on the floor or sleep on the mattress directly, you’ll need a couch, chairs, tables, and a bed frame for your mattress. A good set of furniture for your living room or dining room will also come in handy when you have visitors.
- Decorations – You don’t have to go out and buy a bunch of new decorations for your home, but it is a good idea to have some things to make your house feel like home. Artwork, plants, and rugs all make great additions to any home.
- Curtains – Curtains not only provide privacy, but they can also add a touch of personality to your home. If you don’t have curtains yet, consider buying some that will make your house feel like your own.
- Appliances – If you’re moving into a new home, chances are you’ll need some new appliances. A refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and washing machine are all essential for any household.
- Tools – Chances are you won’t need a toolbox right away, but it’s a good idea to have one on hand just in case. You’ll need it for assembling furniture, hanging pictures, and fixing anything that breaks.
- Safety supplies – Every home should have a fire extinguisher, smoke detectors, and a first-aid kit. Make sure to have these supplies in your new home, just in case.
Moving into a new home can be a lot of work, but with this list you’ll be well on your way to having everything you need. Enjoy your new adventure!