Foundation CFA piling is the continuous drilling and concreting of piles during the operation of installing bored piles. When the structural loading gets completed, reinforcement is installed inside the wet conceded to get a better casting.
Foundation piling is always beneficial for restricting the auger equipment and let its proper development. One also us SFA or Sectional Flight Auger techniques in the development that is concerned with restricted access and low headroom and also limited to diameter and depth. There are huge differences between CFA and bored piles and if you are planning to have CFA piling, then knowing these important things is vital for you.
5 Differences You Can’t Ignore!
- When it comes to bored piles, it consists of a larger diameter than CFA. these piles are used as supports to greater loads so that any obstructions can be avoided and convenient move from the ground and penetration can be done. These things are very difficult with a CFA pile as it needs to be cut-off from the bottom of the platform level.
- As rotary bored piling technique is used to bore when it is opened instead of inserting it into the already poured concrete which is the case with CFA, this adds a great benefit for the practitioner to cage the full depth piles easily and in a shorter period.
- Bored piles are made by drilling the designed depth of the temporary casing often by auger or other drilling tools like core barrels, drilling buckets, etc., it can easily cope up with the ground conditions. This casing plays the role of support to the pile and keeps it stable inside the ground till it reaches the required depth. Once the auger is taken off, the CFA is reinforced.
- Most of the bored piles come with a wide range of rigs that enable the practitioners to install the piles from any diameter or depth.
- It is important to note that the walls of bored piles come with tighter vertical tolerance and thus, it has greater heights retention than the CFA solutions.
CFA piling is although the most prominently used by the industries, it is always beneficial to have the basic knowledge of different types of available piles to get a suitable one. Also, it will help you to encounter the right work for the desired benefits from your development project.
Comments are closed.