Beautiful dining tables and chairs have always been an important part of the decor for any house. Over the years, their styles and format have changed depending on the popular demands and trends, yet their utility remains the same. You will be able to find dining chairs complimenting the tables in almost every home.
A good dining set will take into consideration your budget, house space, and the aesthetics that you will love for years to come. With the huge sets currently flooding the market, it can sometimes become difficult to select the best table for your needs. Thus through this article, we would like to provide some pointers and some of the best ideas currently trending in the market.
Importance of Dining sets
Dining tables are a place to socialize and bond with family and friends. It helps us to switch off from the stressful day and enjoy our time eating the food we love and chatting. It helps in the social development of children and teaches them good table manners. It has also been observed that people tend to make better food choices when they are dining at a table rather than eating on the go; it helps us pay attention to the food we are consuming and helps us eat healthily. It is also a good place to spend some time away from the mobile screens and savor a moment of reality.
How to choose the best dining sets and chairs
Now that we are aware of the importance of dining tables, it becomes important that we can identify the best furniture for our home based on our requirements and budget. Here we have tried to provide you with some pointers to keep in mind while making your choice:
- Measuring everything – You must know the dimensions of your room and plan accordingly. It is also vital to understand the utility of the dining table and dining chairs that you are about to buy. Understanding this before your purchases will help you choose the best table that suits your cause. Also, nowadays, various foldable and multi-utility tables can be found in the market. This can be vital for people short on house room.
- Understanding your needs before selecting the shape – Dining tables come in various shapes, each with its style and benefits. Square and rectangular tables are the most popular, but an oval or round table can also be used to save more space. Ask your table provider for all the benefits regarding a particular and choose according to your requirements.
- Table supports are an integral part of your furniture – The base is essential for the table and often determines how many people can sit on it. The leg width should be wide enough for the people to sit comfortably. One should always try the table themselves before buying. A pedestal or Trestal generally has more flexibility when adding more people.
- Choosing the right type of material for your dining set – The material choice can be a tricky decision, and it will depend on your budget, personal choice, and the style you are looking for. Various types of materials are available for constructing your dining table and dining chairs like wood, glass, stone, metal, etc.
Wood tables are durable and easy to handle but are expensive. Glass, on the other hand, is relatively cheap and can give a sense of openness in the room. The problem with glass being they can easily be damaged and need to be handled properly. Metals such as stainless steel, brass, etc., can be used for constructing the table. They are generally less costly than wood and highly durable. Plastic tables are also used for constructing cheap tables which can be used anywhere and everywhere. They are generally not considered to be of the best quality.
Thus we have discussed some key points to remember while buying the ideal table for you. Also, make sure to check the reliability and build of the table before buying them.
Some of the unique dining set concepts currently in the market
All of us want to stand out and get unique things for ourselves. Some of the distinct and unique dining sets currently being sold in the marketplace are as follows:
- 4 Seater Dining set – As the name suggests, it is a traditional dining set that is the most common form in small families. It requires very less space, and it is available in various shapes and designs.
- 6 seater Dining table – It measures around 60 inches, and it is available in round and oval shapes. It is made for a medium-sized audience, and as mentioned above, oval and round tables take up less space in comparison to the other shapes.
- Wooden dining table set – Wood is an ideal preference for dining tables. It gives a sense of a higher status symbol in society. Thus people prefer wooden tables over other materials. Rosewood or Sheesham tables are particularly fashionable following the current market trends.
- Marble dining table – As the wood comes with a higher status symbol, marble provides you with proper aesthetics and looks good with any sort of decor. It is also extremely easy to handle and can easily be cleaned. It provides a classy look and thus is a costly piece of furniture.
- Traditional dining set – It is the most formal and traditional dining set that you will come across. It is generally carved in wood and also contains various intricate features.
- 8 seater dining table set – Perfect for entertaining a larger group of audience. These sorts of tables generally contain a higher amount of leg space and can accommodate more people.
- Folding dining set – The perfect buddy to cater to less housing space. A multi-utility piece of furniture that can easily be folded and carried to various places. They are cheap and extremely easy to handle.
- Metal dining table – It is a hot favorite in the market currently. Usually suited with homes that have an industrial decor. They are durable and extremely easy to handle.
Thus in this article, we have provided you with some valuable insights into the various dining tables and chairs currently trending in the market that may suit your requirements. We have also provided you with some basic outlines of how one can choose the perfect dining set for themselves.